Monday, August 10, 2009

Our Time Has Come

Our time has come. You have been officially weened and today is the first day of not nursing. My goal with you and Ava was to reach 1 year without having to supplement, which I have successfully accomplished. I have absolutely enjoyed my time spent with you, cuddling and just having the absolute one on one time with you. I believe that there is a very special bond that is brought about by it and I think that it was harder for me to let go than it was for you. We began the process the day after your first birthday and for the last week I have held on to the first feeding of the day. But now I am ready as are you to begin a new chapter in our lives. There is something bitter sweet about it. Perhaps because I know that you are my last "baby" and I will never have this time back again. But I am now ready and prepared for the next adventure. I love you baby.

No comments: