Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Poor Baby Vaughan

So up until now I haven't really written any thing bad in your blog. I have basically been noting all of the special moments and milestones that you have reached. Well on your birthday, you were scheduled for your 1 year well visit with Dr. Yee. The night prior you had a temperature and when we went into the office the next day, you still weren't feeling very well. So Dr. Yee put you on amoxicillin for 14 days and he told me to come back so that we could do the vaccinations at that point. Today we went for that visit and what I thought was going to be your day for vaccinations turned out to be more than what I expected. Since you still have a slight cough but concerning wheezing in your breath, Dr. Yee decided it best that you begin nebulizer treatments. You had your first one at the Dr.'s office and boy did you hate it. Before doing the treatment, the nurse read your oxygen levels and it was 91 (normal is approximately 98) and after your first treatment your level rose to 94.

So we brought home the machine and you are to take the medication 3 times a day for a week and we are going to return to Dr. Yee to check you out in 1 week to see if that has helped any. Dr. Yee believes that it may have something to do with allergies and that the wheezing may return when you get a cold. So at that point we will have to repeat treatment with the nebulizer again. I have heard that this is common in children and as kids age the problems usually solve on its own. Hopefully, that is the case for you because I HATE seeing you this way. I just want my baby to be healthy and comfortable. Hope you get better soon. I love you!

No comments: